We are looking for a SEO Analyst to work on a small dedicated team in the creation, optimization and execution of client SEO initiatives and developing natural search programs to meet and exceed our clients’ business objectives. This position requires a “hands-on” person with astute attention to detail, who also possesses the ability to apply SEO best practices to the client’s every day natural search efforts.
The SEO Analyst will be accountable for the day-to-day progress of their projects and responsibilities, and ensuring timely completion of projects. Additionally, this individual will ensure that projects are produced completely and correctly before being sent to the client and/or their manager.
- Develop and implement SEO strategies and tactics in line with client’s business objectives
- Manage on-page optimizations (metadata, keyword usage, internal linking, etc.)
- Manage offsite initiatives (link building, "widgets", social media projects, etc.)
- Audit websites and provide technical recommendations for improving SEO visibility and performance
- Identify new opportunities and recommendations for improving client’s organic search rankings, traffic and conversions
- Manage monthly SEO reporting (keyword rankings, SEO traffic, conversion data)
- Develop insights to inform future optimizations and provide client with insights and optimization recommendations
- Work with the team to develop processes for improved work flow within Spark, and between agency partners and vendors
- Research new ideas, trends and technologies within the SEO space
- Stay up-to-date on newest organic search, paid search and social media trends
The SEO Analyst has to be comfortable speaking with clients as this is a client facing role. This includes but is not limited to:
- Explaining technical recommendations for new campaigns and strategies
- Optimization recommendations based on insights and analysis
- Working with Associate Search Director to master, identify, and communicate trends in search and in client industries
Required Skills, Experience and Education
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, experience with both research-based writing and creative writing and must be able to research topics quickly and efficiently in order to write about unfamiliar topics. A basic understanding of social media including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest is important.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of SEO specific work experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Experience managing on-page optimizations (metadata, keyword usage, internal linking, etc.)
- Experience managing offsite initiatives to drive SEO performance improvements (link building, "widgets", social media projects, etc.)
- Experience with link building and content creation for the purpose of improving SEO performance a major plus
- Technical knowledge/experience with the following:
- XML sitemaps, Robots.txt, and URL re-directs
- Content management systems like WordPress
- Knowledge of lead generation clients and SEO tactics necessary to generate conversions
- Experience with leading SEO, web analytics and search research tools and technologies, such as:
- SEO: SEOmoz, WebPosition Gold, Bright Edge, Conductor, Raven, etc.
- Web Analytics: Omniture, CoreMetrics, Google Analytics, Web Trends, etc.
- Research Tools: ComScore, Compete, HitBox, AdGooroo, etc.
- Experience and understanding of paid search and other forms of digital media
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and individually to drive results
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs particularly Excel and Power Point
- Experience working with large, complex organizations with multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to learn